Friday, June 06, 2008

The Garden Tortoise

This evening as I looked out the back window I spotted what I imagined was a prehistoric beast!! A monster . . . it was alive . . . walking . . . with it's head stretched outward it amazed me to the point of grabbing my camera and racing out as it slowly creeped across our lawn . . .

A TORTOISE!

When Christine learned of this discovery - she raced out of the house and ran down and actually picked the poor creature up!!! At my dismay I yelled out "It Is A Wild Animal!! Put It Down!"

The Tortoise hissed and stretched it's neck out at her and then I think she realized it wasn't domesticated and quickly laid the animal down. She had me run back to the house and get lettuce for the beast. Finally we allowed it to go on it's way and watched through the window as it journeyed through the neighbor's yard to some other domain.





No comments: